Minor Field Studies
Am I eligible for the MFS scholarship?
In order to be considered eligible for the MFS scholarship, you should:
- Be a Swedish citizen OR a?non-EU citizen who has been granted?Permanent Right of Residence (PUT)?in Sweden?OR a citizen of another Nordic country who has been living in Sweden on a permanent basis for at least one year by the application date.?
- Note that?EU citizens’ Right of Residence for work and studies is not the same thing as?Permanent Right of Residence (PUT).
- Be a Bachelor's or Master's student enrolled at Lund University – and not a PhD student – who needs to collect data for their degree project.
- Be proficient in English. If the language of the host country is French, Spanish or Portuguese and you plan to write your study in one of those languages,?you must have acquired language qualifications equivalent to the Swedish upper secondary school step 3 level in this language.??
- Have a good understanding of the Swedish language.
- Not have received any scholarship for fieldwork concerning development before?(including MFS).
You can apply if you have studied or spent time in a developing country.
- Have an active interest in international affairs.
What does the scholarship cover?
The scholarship is a financial contribution that partly covers the expenses incurred during a field study. It usually needs to be complemented with funding from e.g. CSN. The scholarship amounts to SEK 27 000.
- 1–15 September?2019: cancelled*
- October/November 2019:?Exact dates will be determined in early autumn 2019
*The planned 1–15 September application round?has been cancelled due to the unavailability of mandatory steps of the scholarship process.
Visit the Swedish version of this webpage on lu.se for more information on the application process.?
The application process is centralised within Lund?University. If you have questions regarding the scholarship, please contact the Minor Field Studies Officer at the Divison of External Relations:?MFS [at] er [dot] lu [dot] se.
MFS [at] er [dot] lu [dot] se