Lund University Global Scholarship
About the Lund University Global Scholarship programme
- Approximately SEK 15 million (€1.4 million / US $1,7?million) awarded in scholarship grants each year
- A selective, merit-based scholarship to recognise top academic students from outside the EU/EEA
As a top 100 university and ranked in the top 0.4% of universities in the world, Lund University attracts high achieving students from across the globe. The Lund University Global Scholarship programme seeks to recognise these students by awarding academic excellence grants.
Scholarship recipients have a proven record of achieving consistently high grades in their previous studies and are assessed as being a good fit for our programmes. The scholarship is selective, competitive and merit-based.
Scholarship grants may cover 25%, 50%, 75% or up to 100% of the tuition fee. The scholarship percentage awarded depends on budget available to the programme/faculty. It has no reflection on the students' academic level of excellence.? Please note that scholarships are toward tuition fees only and that living costs are not covered. Scholarship recipients must still be able to fund their living costs, as per the requirements of the Swedish Migration Board.
Who is eligible to apply?
To be eligible to apply for a scholarship you must meet all of the following criteria:
- You must be a citizen of a country from outside the EU/EEA (and Switzerland) and are required to pay a tuition fee
- You have made a complete application for Bachelor's or Master's level studies at Lund University in a regular application round for a minimum of one semester of study (30 ECTS). Note that priority is given to students who have ranked a programme at Lund University as the first choice in their application at universityadmissions.se.
If you are a current student already studying at Lund University, please refer to the information about scholarships for current students.
Please do not apply if:
- You do not meet the admission requirements to Lund University
- You have not selected a Lund University programme/course as your first choice/choices at universityadmissions.se
- You cannot secure the funding needed to cover living costs, as required by the Swedish Migration Agency
When and how to apply?
The application period for the LU Global Scholarship for autumn 2019 studies is closed. The results from this scholarship application round will be announced 5-7 April via email directly to the applicants.
The next application period will open in early February 2020.
To apply for a Lund University Global Scholarship, you must first apply for the programme(s) or free-standing course(s) you wish to study at Lund University using the online, national application website, www.universityadmissions.se, during the application period. Once you have made a complete application to a degree programme or free-standing courses of at least 30 ECTS credits and paid the application fee, you will be able to apply for the scholarship.
As part of this online application, you need to upload your scholarship 'motivation letter' (maximum 600 words) to the scholarship application portal. Please note that the scholarship "motivation letter" is different from any statement of purpose you may be required to submit as part of your programme application documents.?Your scholarship personal "motivation letter" should explain why your academic performance and reasons for applying to Lund University make you an appropriate recipient for a Lund University Global Scholarship.
You can only apply for one Lund University Global Scholarship per programme or free-standing course. However, it is still possible for you to apply to other scholarships, such as (for example) the Swedish Institute scholarships.
Selection process – based on academic merits
The selection process for scholarships is undertaken in parallel with the programme/course selection process. Priority will be given to students with high academic performance, who are assessed as a good fit for the programme, who demonstrate a strong commitment and desire to study at Lund University and have selected a programme/course at Lund University as their first choice/choices when applying at www.universityadmissions.se.
As the scholarship is merit based only, no consideration is taken of the students' financial needs in the selection process.